Our alumni and community support us in many different ways; through providing career advice to our current pupils, by attending events or by making a donation. We realise that all alumni connections have a great value to our school community, and if you think you can help us in anyway, please click here and get in touch.
From the original legacy that launched the Boys’ School back in 1620, Merchant Taylors’ Schools has thrived upon the generous donations of others. Merchant Taylors’ has a strong tradition of providing academic excellence, whilst cultivating an all-round education for its pupils. Fee income helps to sustain this superb educational standard but we rely on the support of the wider Merchant Taylors’ family to provide essential funding for Bursaries and to build new facilities.
Giving forms a huge part of our Merchant Taylors’ community; from pupils raising money for charities of their choice, to Old Boys & Girls giving their support to current pupils by donating to bursaries, we’re proud of our crowd!
In the academic year 2016/17 Alumni, parents, staff, Governors and family members of Old Boys and Old Girls all donated to our bursary fund. Thanks to them:
- 301 pupils benefitted from some kind of bursary support
- 115 people gave amounts varying from £5 to £1 million
- £1.6 million was given in donations, including 7 legacies totalling £1,300,000
- £11,400 was raised by pupils for local and international causes
What can donations achieve in the future?
- More bursary support for pupils to ensure that those with ability can attend the school – regardless of circumstance.
- The best possible facilities to support our pupils