Ian Robinson Sports Centre
Sports Centre Re-opening Update.
I wanted to write to you with a further update on our approach to reopening the Sports Centre at Merchant Taylors’.
Whilst we have tried to remain committed to reopening the Sports Centre as soon as possible in line with Government regulations for sports and leisure facilities, our location on a school site means we are balancing a rather unique set of considerations which has proven very difficult.
As I’m sure you will understand, our overwhelming priority in the first instance is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We have now introduced a wide range of procedures and measures to that effect.
In this context, we have decided to delay our reopening until October to allow for the controlled reopening of the school site, and to help in reducing the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
Once the children and staff have had time to adjust to the new realities of school life through September, we will review the situation and hope to move quickly to reopen the Sports Centre in a way that is safe for members, customers, children and staff.
Relevant risk assessments are already in place and we have a clear understanding of how we may use our facilities to their greatest effect while observing social distancing and other safety measures to protect against Covid-19.
I will keep you updated over the coming weeks and hope to provide you with a confirmed reopening date in the near future.
A reminder that all memberships are still currently suspended. If you wish to cancel your subscription to use our facilities, please contact us via email. [email protected].
Sports Centre Manager