Boys are able to study Politics in Sixth Form.
The A-Level course comprises three components, each worth 1/3 of the overall mark.
Component 1. UK Politics
• Political Participation – students study democracy and participation, political parties, electoral systems, voting behaviour and the media.
• Core Political Ideas – students learn about the concepts of conservatism, liberalism, socialism.
Component 2. UK Government
• UK Government – students will study: the constitution, parliament, Prime Minister and executive, relationships between the branches.
• Non-core political ideas, students will study: one idea from the following: anarchism, ecologism, feminism, multiculturalism, nationalism.
Component 3. Comparative Politics
• Boys study the USA, including the US Constitution and federalism, Congress, presidency, Supreme Court and civil rights, democracy and participation, comparative theories.
• Assessment is by three two-hour written examinations at the end of the two-year course.