24 Doors of Merchants’ – Day 22
Today’s door is the door to the CCF stores underneath the main Clock Tower building at MTBS!
The cadet corps at Merchant Taylors’ was started in 1915. Starting as the Junior Division of the Officer Training Corps it was renamed The Junior Training Corps during World War 2 and was a completely army based organisation. The Sea Cadets and the Air Training Corps catered for those in schools with sailing and flying inclinations.
In 1948 the three service units operating in schools were amalgamated into the Combined Cadet Force, a formation which still operates today.