Junior Boys Raise Thousands to help Beat Cancer
A grand total of £4500 has been raised for Cancer Research and Macmillan Cancer Support by the parents, pupils and staff of Merchant Taylors’ Junior Boys’ School.
The goal to raise thousands for these important charities was inspired by the courage and determination of their Junior School Teacher, Miss Hargreaves, who was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of this year.
Back in July the School held a 9 hour Charity Sportathon whereby pupils, parents and staff were involved in an extravaganza of different sports, activities and a grand raffle. The boys proudly wore their ‘Beating Cancer Together’ hoodies which were sponsored by KLH Electronics Plc. Sponsorship also came from lots of local companies, parents, family and friends. The second fundraiser was this term’s annual cake sale, which of course was well supported by the boys.
The Head of Merchant Taylors’ Junior Boys’ School, Mrs Thomas, said “I am so proud of our community for raising such a significant amount of money. I am certain it will go to make a difference. Miss Hargreaves has been a positive inspiration to us all and it is so good to see her back in work after many months of treatment. Myself, theboys and staff are keen to support those charities that have supported her in the fight to beat cancer.”
- Ethics Bowl
- Bella secures slalom second place
- 1st XV Battle to Lancashire Cup Final
- Merchant Taylors’ to Bid Farewell to Mrs Ward After Three Years
- Year 2 ignite their understanding of the Great Fire of London
- *Timings tbc. Rowing North West Inter-Regional Junior Trials (Invite Only) on March 3, 2024 12:00 pm
- Stanfield Assessment Week 2 on March 4, 2024 12:00 am
- MTS Sixth Form Interviews on March 4, 2024 9:00 am
- *Timings tbc. Rugby Sevens U14 VII vs Wirral Grammar School for Boys on March 5, 2024 12:00 pm
- Vocal Recital Evening 2024 on March 5, 2024 6:00 pm