Boys’ Celebrate Excellent Inspection
Merchant Taylors’ Senior and Junior Boys’ are celebrating an outstanding Inspection Report after the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) praised the School as being ‘Excellent’ in the key categories of Pastoral Care, Pupils’ Personal Development, Curricular and extra-curricular Provision, Safeguarding, Governance, Leadership and Management.
Below are some of the direct quotes from the Report. Click to read the full Report and the Headmaster’s letter.
Report Quotes – March 2016
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, pupils respond well to academic rigour.
- The academic curriculum has been enhanced since 2010 and is now excellent.
- Pupils benefit from much specialist subject teaching.
- The inspection endorsed the school’s aim to ‘enable pupils to reach the highest possible levels of personal achievement and academic attainment, inside and outside the classroom’.
- Expertise in mathematics and physics is demonstrated by pupil’s success in National Challenge events.
- Pupils throughout the school have a very positive attitude to learning.
- The post-16 curriculum offers pupils an excellent range of subjects.
- Extra-curricular opportunities are excellent.
- The breadth of the extra-curricular and enrichment offering is also a strength of the school.
- The school successfully encourages all pupils to take part in the wide selection of cultural and sporting activities. Pupils value these opportunities not just in terms of enjoyment, but also in the chances they provide to represent the school, and to take on leadership and management roles.
- There are over 200 music lessons per week.
- The ethos of the CCF develops integrity, loyalty and respect for others.
- The ability to be self-reflective and ambitious is something that runs as a constant throughout a pupil’s time at school with a view to developing skills of integrity, compassion and resilience.
- The personal development of pupils is excellent.
- They are self-confident without a hint of arrogance.
- They have a purposeful strength of what they want to do next and are ready to meet the challenges of adult life.
- Pupils benefit from excellent systems of pastoral support, including careers guidance.
- A welcoming and friendly community. Pupils are courteous and kind and show respect for those who teach or care for them.
- Pupils’ self-discipline and calm purpose are evident through excellent behaviour both in class and as they make their way around the school.
- Paris Dinner 2023
- Royal Navy cadets visit HMS Biter
- Rowing success at Lancaster Regatta
- Cricket masterclass with Lancashire star Ellie
- Shakespeare Shorts
- Comedy Bingo event in support of Rugby tour on June 17, 2023 7:00 pm
- Year 5 Activities Day on June 23, 2023 9:00 am
- Merchants’ Gives on June 28, 2023 3:00 pm
- Pirates of Penzance – A Concert Celebration on July 2, 2023 3:00 pm
- Open Morning 2023 on October 7, 2023 9:30 am
Join our familyadmissions information sign up to our newsletter
Back to top
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.