In an age where Sixth Formers need to explore career options more than ever before, Merchant Taylors’ is committed to offering a complete programme of support for parents and students. The provision includes:
• Opportunity to discuss career goals post-18 through one-to-one career guidance interviews
• All students in Lower Sixth have access to UniFrog to help support their post-18 decisions
• Annual Careers Fair
• Lectures, working lunches, workshops and webinars, all designed to help inform and advise
• Support with UCAS guidance – in particular course research and choices
• Mock interviews
• Annual networking breakfast
• Strong connections to our alumni network, who help support, mentor and advise
Our aim is to provide pupils with a framework for making proper decisions about their future development. We provide access to course information and impartial guidance which allows students to evaluate the best route for them.
This is underpinned by a realistic analysis of their academic interests and strengths, as well as insight into the nature of particular areas of work and the choices available to them.
Work experience placements during Sixth Form play a vital role in informing students about their employment and career options.
We have a substantial network of parents and alumni who are well-placed to provide a wide variety of opportunities for our students. We encourage students to think about their work experience early in their Sixth Form career and make enquiries promptly. A large number of students take up further placements during the summer holidays and even beyond into their undergraduate years.
- Duke of Edinburgh trip to Western Lakes
- Girls into Engineering Presentation
- Old Boy Ben Aitchison recognised by Wisden
- British Council International School Award
- Sixth Form Boys Complete Cambridge Chemistry Challenge