One of the most valuable ways alumni stay involved with their alma mater is by volunteering your time to building connections with current students and fellow alumni. You have a unique perspective of the student experience and an unparalleled opportunity to help equip the next generation with the skills they need to succeed. Regardless of age, city, or current occupation, all alumni are invited to build valuable connections with students and provide real-world insight for life after school and University.
Here’s what you can do right now to give back:
- Host an online careers session for pupils.
- Mentor a fellow alumni.
- Host an event or networking group at your place of business.
- Come into school to attend our annual Careers Fair/Networking Breakfast.
- Provide mock interview experience (online or in person).
- Join the Old Boys’ or Old Girls’ Association committee .
- Join one of our online interest Groups (for your yeargroup, decade or interest at school) or suggest one for your field.
- Receive messages from Sixth Form students and fellow alumni through the Alumni Network.
Submit this online involvement interest form to get started.
Have questions or comments? Chat with a team member at [email protected] or 0151 949 9351
Giving is not a new concept for us; we were founded thanks to a generous legacy and the generosity of benefactors has contributed to many hundreds of bursary pupils passing through the School over the centuries.
We believe that now is the time to truly embed giving in the very fabric of our School, as we enter the next stages of the Merchant Taylors’ journey. We want to ensure that the most academically able pupils from the area should be able to join our Merchants’ family, regardless of their circumstance.
To fulfil this, our aim is to double the number of new bursary places we can offer each year by 2025. This will mean that we can offer 50% of our places each year to pupils who need financial support.
We need you, our community, to help us to achieve this aim. What could be more powerful, more impactful, than the gift of a Merchants’ education?
Leaving a legacy
Thank you for considering leaving a legacy gift to our School
If you are considering bequeathing a gift to the School in your Will, we would be very happy to discuss the details of this with you in confidence – please e-mail [email protected] or call the Development Office on 0151 949 9351.