Service of Thanksgiving for Louis Simpson
The whole school, alongside his family, joined together on Friday 16th June for a Service of Thanksgiving to remember and give thanks for the life of Louis Simpson, a pupil at the school from 2013 to 2017.
The service was held in St Faith’s Church, Crosby and was planned and prepared with great love by Louis’s friends in Year 9 – they had reflected on their friend who had such an impact on them and with whom they shared laughter, joy, fun and also difficult times. Through it all, and through facing the death of so lovely a friend, they honoured Louis in their prayers, readings, music and thanksgiving. The service was very beautiful and all of us who were privileged to be there, while very sad, were also uplifted by the actions of Year 9 pupils and deeply proud of them. The Middle Girls’ School Chamber Choir’s rendition of ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’, one of Louis’s favourite Liverpool anthems, was particularly poignant.
After the service, a tree was planted in Louis’s memory on the Boys’ School site in the presence of his family and friends.
This service will undoubtedly remind the pupils of the friend they have lost and their personal sadness so the following advice from bereavement experts may be helpful as you talk with your son or daughter:
- Tell the truth. Talk about death vs. “going to sleep.”
- Allow for your son to talk about feelings. If this is the first loss your son has experienced, he may not know how to respond and will be looking for your guidance.
- Affirm all expressions. It is okay to express feelings honestly. Tolerate the expressions rather than dismissing them or discouraging the expression of feelings.
- Encourage for written expressions such notes, letters
- Reaffirm that your child is safe and that your child is loved.
- Affirm that your son’s reaction is normal and you understand the way he feels.
- Help your son to return to as normal routine as possible.
- MTGS Choir Italy Tour
- CCF Army Annual Camp
- School shortlisted for innovation award
- Anniversary service at Liverpool Cathedral
- Merchants’ girls walk in memory of Freya
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|