The library is not only a place for quiet study for Sixth Formers but also a stimulating environment where pupils can discover the joys of literature and learning. It houses a range of up-to-date resources and technology to support the school curriculum, which we hope will encourage pupils to read for work and for pleasure. It is open before and after school, and throughout the day.
From Simpsons comics to Dostoevsky, the library stocks fiction for all ages and tastes. Oxbridge candidates can work their way through the Everyman Classics, while new Year 7s can relax with a graphic novel, the Phoenix comic, or the latest Derek Landy and Cressida Cowell. Keen readers can join the reading group and broaden their literary horizons in the company of like-minded bookworms. There is also a reading group for Sixth Formers who do not need to study English to take part.
- Murrayfield comes to Merchant Taylors’ with Scottish Rugby partnership
- Hall Road work approaches final straight
- Girls celebrate GCSE success at Merchant Taylors’
- GCSE success for Merchant Taylors’ Boys’ School
- GCSE joy for Merchant Taylors’ pupils