Ogden Trust Primary Professional Physics Learning
Merchant Taylors’ School is proud to be hosting The Ogden Trust Primary Physics Professional Learning event on Friday 26th June 2020. Join us for a packed day of professional learning delivered by physics and primary science specialists. Ideal for science co-ordinators.
This practical problem-solving workshop demonstrates how maths skills can be developed through teaching the primary science topic of forces and magnets. Delegates will learn how the maths curriculum can be brought to life and made relevant through problem-solving in a science context, providing greater opportunities for children to become immersed in their scientific learning. We will share a number of strategies and resources that can be taken back to school.
This workshop focuses on how English skills in reading and writing can be developed and practised through the primary science curriculum. Delegates will be shown strategies to support English learning while providing opportunities for children to secure and embed their ideas about electricity and working scientifically. A central theme throughout the workshop will be how different types of scientific enquiry work provide opportunity for developing skill and confidence in reading and comprehension as well as more formal, non-fiction writing styles.
Physics focus – light and sound
This interactive lecture will cover the key concepts of light and sound required by the Key Stage 2 curriculum. Easy to replicate demonstrations will provide the hooks for engaging pupils and delegates will develop skills to deepen their understanding through practical investigations and using questions to promote challenge. The workshop will model many strategies to ensure that ‘working scientifically’ skills are developed within this subject area.
This session shows how to use space as a context for cross-curricular projects. Space is a topic that fascinates our pupils and we will look at ways of incorporating art, creative writing, design & technology, ICT, English and maths in this context. Resources will be provided to help you plan a whole school ‘Space Week’.
Book your FREE place here
- Ethics Bowl
- Bella secures slalom second place
- 1st XV Battle to Lancashire Cup Final
- Merchant Taylors’ to Bid Farewell to Mrs Ward After Three Years
- Year 2 ignite their understanding of the Great Fire of London
- *Timings tbc. Rowing North West Inter-Regional Junior Trials (Invite Only) on March 3, 2024 12:00 pm
- Stanfield Assessment Week 2 on March 4, 2024 12:00 am
- MTS Sixth Form Interviews on March 4, 2024 9:00 am
- *Timings tbc. Rugby Sevens U14 VII vs Wirral Grammar School for Boys on March 5, 2024 12:00 pm
- Vocal Recital Evening 2024 on March 5, 2024 6:00 pm