Lancashire selectors bowled over by Stanfield trio
We are extremely proud that three Stanfield boys have been selected to play for Lancashire County Cricket Club this season.
Zach Barton & Shivy Gautam Y5 and Nate White Y6 will represent the county’s Under 10s and Under 11s teams, respectively.
Cricket clubs across Lancashire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester nominate their best players at each year group to trial for Lancashire CCC. The boys were successful in numerous trials over recent months, culminating with the top 24 in each age category being selected to compete in a 40 over match before a final selection of 15 boys in each section.
They will now go on to compete against other cricket county teams such as Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Nottinghamshire & Durham throughout the summer.
Mr Lyon said: “Shivy, Nate and Zach deserve enormous credit for their hard work, skill and commitment to doing their best every time they step on to the pitch. These qualities were clearly spotted by the Lancashire selectors and they fully deserve this wonderful opportunity.
“Sport plays a pivotal role in the life of our school and cricket is very much at the heart of that approach. We have been thrilled to watch so many boys and girls excelling at cricket this term. There is a real appetite to improve their skills even further and that’s great to see.”
- Ethics Bowl
- Bella secures slalom second place
- 1st XV Battle to Lancashire Cup Final
- Merchant Taylors’ to Bid Farewell to Mrs Ward After Three Years
- Year 2 ignite their understanding of the Great Fire of London
- *Timings tbc. Rowing North West Inter-Regional Junior Trials (Invite Only) on March 3, 2024 12:00 pm
- Stanfield Assessment Week 2 on March 4, 2024 12:00 am
- MTS Sixth Form Interviews on March 4, 2024 9:00 am
- *Timings tbc. Rugby Sevens U14 VII vs Wirral Grammar School for Boys on March 5, 2024 12:00 pm
- Vocal Recital Evening 2024 on March 5, 2024 6:00 pm
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".